Indian: Admissions to some of the courses, Medicine & Engineering in particular, are done through a process which has an online test followed by counselling, which eventually leads to the admission of a student. Admissions are either through online entrance test or are based on qualifying examination marks.
International: Foreign nationals, Non Resident Indians or Indian nationals supported by NRI relatives can apply under Foreign/NRI category. Admissions are done on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination.
HOW TO APPLY
A student applying for the undergraduate (UG) courses (General category) and Post Graduate (PG) courses (General/ Foreign/ NRI category) Should apply Online.
•Go to the online application page
•Submit your Personal details like Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email id etc.
•Softcopy of your passport size photograph and signature needs to be uploaded
•Courses with Entrance test Rs. 2,000 (Application fees Rs.600 + Entrance Test fee Rs.1,400)
•Courses without Entrance test Rs. 600 (Application fees Rs.600)
Please go to www.manipalotbs.com for booking the Online Entrance Test schedule.
The online test booking system is available only to those eligible applicants who have submitted their application forms complete in all respects on or before the last date mentioned for the respective courses.
While booking your test schedule, please ensure that you have the following with you:
• A photocopy of your submitted application form.
• Online test booking password.
FOR BTECH & BPHARM / PHARMD CANDIDATES.
1. Rescheduling request will not be considered under any circumstances.
2. Candidates missing a particular attempt will be considered as absent and have the flexibility to book the next attempt (as shown in table below) by making an online payment of Rs.1400/- through www.manipalotbs.com
3. Test booking is subject to availability of slots at designated test centers.
3rd Attempt slot booking for BTech/Bpharm/PharmD
• 3rd Attempt slot booking for BTech/Bpharm/PharmD online test will be opened on May, 9th2018 at 9.30 AM.
• The 3rd Attempt slot booking close on May 10, 2018 at 5 PM.
• 3rd attempt for BTech/Bpharm/PharmD MET is scheduled on May 10th & 11th, 2018 at limited test centre
2018 BTech Spot Admissions Instructions
Withdrawal of candidates has created vacancies and Spot admission for the following branches is as scheduled. All the candidates who wish to participate in the spot round for admission in MIT, Manipal shall physically report to the reporting venue.
1.Schedule & Venue
Date: 30 July 2018
Venue: Counseling Hall, Manipal.edu building Manipal (https://goo.gl/maps/2kbYbc4piwy)
Reporting time: 9.30 AM to 12 NOON
Seat Allotment: 2 PM onwards
2.BTech Branches available
o Chemical Engineering
o Civil Engineering
o Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
o Industrial Production Engineering
o Media Technology
• Candidate should have passed in 10+2 / A Level / International Baccalaureate (IB) / American 12th grade or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Mathematics and English as compulsory subjects.
• Candidate should have minimum aggregate marks of 50 % in Physics, Mathematics and one of the following optional subjects. In each of these subjects, candidates should have scored at least minimum marks prescribed by the board
(1) Electrical Technology (2) Automobile Technology (3) Structure and Fabrication Technology (4) Air conditioning and Refrigeration Technology (5) Electronics Technology (6) Dairying Technology (7) IT Application (8) Geospatial Technology (9) Chemistry (10) Computer Science (11) Electronics (12) Biology (13) Bio-technology
3A. Candidates with Manipal Entrance Test Rank
The following candidates are eligible for spot round
o Unregistered candidates in any of the previous rounds of counseling.
o Registered candidates who have NOT got any seat in the previous rounds of counseling.
o Registered and allotted candidates who did NOT pay the course fees after seat allotment in any of the previous rounds
o Admitted candidates who have withdrawn subsequently
o Admitted candidates under General/ SAGES/ AICTE Category (these candidates have to vacate the seat before registering in the spot round)
o Candidates admitted under Foreign/ NRI category are NOT eligible to participate.
3B. Candidates with JEE Rank
3C. Candidates without any Entrance Examination Rank
4.Seat Allotment Process
o Document Verification
o Merit based Seat Allotment as per following order of groups based on Seat Availability
Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2018 Rank
JEE 2018 Rank
Others based on Marks obtained in qualifying Examination (marks scored in Physics, Mathematics and one of the optional subjects)
The following original documents are to be produced for verification
1)MET / JEE 2018 Hall Ticket (if applicable)
2)10th Standard marks card (for date of birth proof)
3)12th Standard marks card issued by the recognized board
4)Transfer Certificate issued by the School / College (if available)
5)Conduct Certificate by the School / College (if available)
6)Aadhaar Card of the Candidate
7)Pan Card of the Parent(s)
8)2 recent passport size photographs
• First year Fees: Rs. 3,05,000. On seat allotment, the candidates must pay the fees by account payee demand defat (DD) in favor of “Manipal Academy of Higher Education” payable at Manipal or Udupi, on or before 31 July 2018. Nonpayment of fee on or before 31 July 2018 will automatically lead to forfeiture of seat without any further communication.
Those who have already paid the wait-list fee (Rs. 10,000) for registration may submit a demand draft for the balance amount (Rs. 2,95,000)
• Candidates are advised to carefully choose their branches. On allotment, candidate has to mandatorily accept the same.
• Those who have got the seat in the spot round will have to collect the admission confirmation letter (after payment of fee) and report to the allotted institute on or before 01 Aug 2018.
• However, if a candidate is not allotted a seat, then the fee collected will be refunded.