WBJEE 2018

15

The West Bengal Joint
Entrance Examination-2018 (WBJEE-2018)

The mode of Examination

It is the Common Entrance Examination in offline mode (OMR based examination).

Subjects of Examination

Candidates are required to appear for two papers in WBJEEB-2018

1. Paper-I – Mathematics

 2. Paper-II – Physics & Chemistry (combined).

Candidates appearing in both Paper-I and Paper-II and who are awarded ranks will be
eligible for admission in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture/ Pharmacy Courses in all institutes

Candidates appearing in Paper-II only and who are awarded ranks will be eligible for
admission only in Pharmacy Courses (except in Jadavpur University)

Schedule of WBJEE

Date of Examination

Paper/Subject

Time schedule

22.04.2018 Sunday

Paper-I (Mathematics)

Paper-II (Physics & Chemistry)

11:00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. 

2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.

No further examination shall be held under any circumstances for those who will not be able to appear on the above scheduled date and time of WBJEE 2018 examination.

Eligibility criteria for appearing in the WBJEE-2018

a) Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India.

b) Age Restriction:

(i) The lower age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2018. A candidate should have been born on or before 31.12.2001. There is no upper age limit in appearing in the WBJEE-2018.

(ii) However, for admission to the degree level Marine Engineering Course The lower
age limit is 17 (seventeen) years as on 31.12.2018 and the upper age limit is 25 Years as on 31.12.2018.

For admission to Engineering courses

a) Candidate must have passed the Qualifying Examination i.e. the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry
/ Biotechnology / Biology / Computer Science / Computer Application
as
compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both theory and practical
wherever applicable) in all the three subjects as stated above in regular class mode. 

b) Must have obtained at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category e.g. SC, ST, OBC-A, OBC-B, PwD) in the above three subjects taken
together.

c) Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks.

d) The Board of the said Qualifying Examination must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government concerned.

Scope of admission

State funded/State aided Universities / University Departments – 100% seats in respect of all available courses shall be admitted through the WBJEE-2018.

Government Engineering & Technology Colleges – 100% seats in respect of all available courses shall be admitted through the WBJEE-2018.

Private & Self Financing Universities – Number of seats available for admission in such courses through WBJEE-2018 will be given in the Seat Matrix to be published before counselling and admission

Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology Colleges – 90% of the Seats shall be available for admission through the WBJEE2018 and remaining 10% seats shall be available for admission through the All India Engineering Entrance Examination-2018 i.e. the JEE-Main2018.

Private & Self Financing Engineering & Technology CollegesMinority Institutions – 50% of approved seats shall be open to all categories of candidates and is available for admission through the WBJEE-2018

Seats for admission through JEE (Main) 2018 

Seats are available for students merit listed in JEE (Main) 2018 up to the extent of 10% of the approved seats in all Self Financed Engineering & Technology Colleges of West Bengal.

Allotment of seats shall be strictly on the basis of merit and preference of students
through the e-counselling process conducted by the WBJEEB. The eligibility and other criteria described above for admission to degree level Engineering / Technology /Pharmacy / Architecture courses, will be applicable for JEE (Main) 2018 merit listed candidates also.

Share and Enjoy !

0Shares
0 0